Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The Christmas rush is on. We are going to California for Christmas this year; leaving on Dec. 17. So I have TONS to do in a VERY SHORT amount of time. Have decided not to decorate much at all, since we won't be at home. But gotta shop and ship soon. Hope you all join me in finding time for Jesus during this busy season. Recently heard a message that gave me a brand new perspective on the Christmas Story. No doubt God did not answer Mary's prayer, which was undoubtedly something like - "Dear Father, PLEASE, don't let my baby be born here, in this place. Please let me wait until I can get back home to my mother, my family, my place of security." But God's answer was the perfect answer, wasn't it. Tryng to remember that so often our most earnest prayers will be answered in ways that don't seem like God has even heard our pleas, much less 'answered' them. But God is always at work, and ALL answers are designed to bring glory to Jesus. Praying I can stay focused on that this year.

No comments: